Simple Relationship Rules To Keep Your Love ALIVE!
- Be there for the good & bad: Wonderful times are easy. Be there for each other no matter how bad it may get.
- Stand by each other: No matter what happens, what you do, what you don’t do and especially stand by each other through the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Be kind to one another: It’s too easy to find fault or to blame. Be kind to each other even when that may feel a bit challenging. Tuck your need to be right away. Kindness never has a reason to use righteousness with the one you love.
- Admit when you are wrong: The first time may be a bit challenging, but it gets easier and easier. Over time it feels really good just to say, “My fault. I truly apologize. I will do everything I can not to that happen again.”
- No name calling: Name calling started when you were about 5 or 6 years old. If you find yourself caught up in your 5 to 6 year old world it’s great if you can catch yourself, but don’t be disappointed if you don’t. Plan B: Agree with your partner to have them do something silly to take you out of that crazy childlike behavior. Don’t worry. You’ll get your chance to do the same. One possible choice would be a silly face… crossed eyes with your tongue stuck out. Just sayin’… you will find something that works for both of you.
- Never compare to past relationships: This can be a manipulative way to get your partner to do or act different. Don’t do it. There are far better ways to encourage your partner to do or act in a different way. KEY: First and foremost it has to be in the highest and best interest of your partner.
- Be honest: I know that sounds very logical, but sometimes we think that we are protecting the love of our life by not telling them the full truth. It never benefits the relationship. Focus on honest authentic communication all of the time. You will always win no matter if the truth hurts or not.
- Communicate to resolve: In the case of a disagreement you must agree on this. Agree to keep talking until you reach some type of resolution of the issue.
SOURCE: Rockin’ Sweet Love
IMAGE: Rockin’ Sweet Love created/purchased image via ClipArt.com