Kissing Is Like A Drug!
- Lips are some of the thinnest most nerve rich skin of the body. There is more neural real estate in the somatosensory cortex for lips than there is for genitals.
- Large waves of endorphines cause a euphoric feeling.
- Kissing creates oxytocin which increases increases relaxation, bonding and comfort… closely related to the stimulation from breast feeding.
- Kissing releases a rush of dopamine… very similar to cocaine.
- Kissing also releases the same neurotransmitters in our brains as parachuting, bungee jumping, and running, its exciting.
Shocking Trivia About Kissing
- As kissing increases in days, weeks, months there’s a decrease in the stress hormone cortisol.
- Researches say more can be remembered about a 1st kiss rather that the first time they went ‘all the way’.
- Public kissing is a crime in Indonesia punishable by five years in prison.
- With many cultures kissing is primarily a nasal or sniffing experience.
- Like fingerprints or snowflakes, no two lip impressions are alike.
- How about a natural face lift? 30 different muscles are working out while kissing.
- A passionate kiss can burn 5 or more calories. The longer and more passionate the kiss, the more calories burned.
- In the Middle Ages men who could not read or write would seal a contract with an imprint of a kiss.
ADDITIONAL IMAGES: Rockin’ Sweet Love created/purchased image via ClipArt.com